Saturday, May 14, 2011

Surprise from the Lord

      The last morning of the camp, a few hours before we were about to leave to go back to Cagayan de Oro, I realized that I couldn't find the money that my dad had given me. I looked everywhere in my bags and asked my tent mates if they had seen it. They both said no. I asked some of the staff members and they said maybe it fell out of my bag somewhere. I couldn't find it anywhere and we finally had to leave. One of the missionaries, Susanna, said that someone probably took it if I just left it lying around.
      I had never lost money before. I didn't believe that anyone took it. I thought I was just careless and should have been way more careful. Almost the whole bus ride home I felt really anxious.
     Towards the end, Theresa (a missionary) let me borrow a book called “He and i”. It's all about what God said to a lady. I read some and after awhile I came across this quote that God spoke to the woman, “Do not be anxious about things you can't fix. Offer it to me and I'll work it out.” I felt great peace come over me and I felt a lot better.
      A day later, our parents came to pick me and Meredith up to go back to Camiguin the following day. I felt anxious again and finally told them that I lost all the money dad had given me for the trip. It only equaled $20 but I felt like I was untrustworthy. They told me it was alright and I forgot about it for a little bit.
Later that night, I was taking something out of my bag. I was about to zip it up again when I felt the Lord say, “Reach in that spot and I'll give you a surprise.” I was doubtful at first but I'm so glad that I did reach my hand down in that spot.
      When I brought my hand out of the bag I was so surprised. I was staring at the 1,000 pesos Dad had given me before the camp!!! I could only stand and stare and say, “What??? What???” over and over. Then I reached into my backpack again and found a piece of my knitting project that I also thought I had lost and a bracelet that I couldn't find earlier. God really, really blessed me! I didn't even deserve it! It's very comforting to know that God is always watching over us no matter how small the problem is.--Maddie

4 comments:

  1. Amen!!! God Bless you & your lovely family Maddie! Cheers!

    -Tonix

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this beautiful reflection! As St. Pio said, "Pray, hope, and don't worry"--something which I constantly need to be reminded of. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so cool!! Ive had that happen to me a few times. its always unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very nice reflection of yours. Thanks for sharing that to us. Indeed, God will fix all things for us, all we have to do is to entrust everything to Him. God bless your family.

    ReplyDelete